Mould in any area of a residence or business can have serious health effects on all individuals that are exposed to it. Mould is a fungus and is spread by the production of spores which is carried in the air and can affect people that breath this in. If your property or business has mould, it needs to be inspected and appropriate action taken to remove it.
Mould and lichen is common on older roofs and solar panels. Even though it is on the roof, it still poses a very serious health risk. Leaking pipes and gutters, or not enough routine cleaning of your gutters and downpipes can cause mould on the roof.
Roof mould takes over the surface, such as your roof tiles and can causes them to become weaker and cause structural issues for your home or business.
To prevent roof mould:
· Have our team of professionals inspect your roof tiles, gutters, downpipes and solar panels to identify how much mould and lichen is apparent
· Keep all gutters and downpipes properly maintained with regular gutter cleaning. We use our high-powered vacuum suction machines to vacuum clean gutters and downpipes.
· Keep a good and healthy level of ventilation. Installing a whirly bird on your roof can assist with this.
· Always use exhaust fans in your home
· Repair all leaks as soon as they occur to prevent water damage and mould.
At Gutter Pro Melbourne, we can assist you with your roof care needs by:
· Using our specialised equipment and chemicals to remove all mould and lichen
· Solar Panel Cleaning by using Solarwash Water Treatment System with our Solarwash Resin to ionise the water
· Wiping and brushing outside cappings of each solar panel to remove the mould.
Our team has over 10 years combined experience with assisting our clients in removing mould and lichen from the roof. All members of our team are professional and follow the highest safety standards.
If you would like an affordable and obligation free quote, contact Gutter Pro Melbourne on 0417031679.